Lilypie Baby PicLilypie Baby Ticker

Thursday, December 07, 2006

Good Girl?

Qianyi received two stickers from Teacher Linda yesterday for being a good girl. She usually came home with one sticker on her clothes only.

According to Teacher Linda, Qianyi has shown a great improvement in school. When Teacher Linda said "Qianyi, you are running around?", she stopped running straightaway and sat down while saying "sit sit". She would keep the toys after playing and tell her friends to do so by saying "keep keep".

This "good girl" turned into a little brat yesterday afternoon. We used to put away her toys together while I was singing the "clean up" song (from Barney vcd). But now, she doesn't like to do it anymore. She prefers to be in a messy house. She would let her toys lying around on the floor. It always looks like a hurricane has just swept across the house. So, I was very surprised to hear that she actually cleans up after playing in school.

After I made a bottle of milk yesterday afternoon, I picked up her saxophone and put it on the tv console. She saw it and ran immediately to me. She took the saxophone and dumped it on the floor! She looked angry. She doesn't like us to pick up her toys. Well, I was angry too. I picked up the saxophone again. She wanted to snatch it away and ran after me when I brought it into our bedroom. I put it on a high shelf where she couldn't get it . I raised my voice and spanked her bottom...but that didn't work at all. She cried so hard until almost vomited. It's so difficult to feed her half bowl of rice for lunch. I didn't want my effort to be wasted like that so I gave her back the saxophone. She stopped crying after dumping it for a few times. She then took the milk bottle, lay down on the sofa and drank the milk while watching the vcd. When she finished the 260 ml of milk, she said "good girl" to herself. I was speechless.

I felt mentally exhausted after trying to discipline her. I was at my wit's end. Her mood was good again after she finished the bottle of milk. She seemed to have forgotten the "emotional crying episode".

15 Comments:

At December 07, 2006 11:55 am, Blogger Mama Bliss said...

oooh good girl QianYi!!! aunty pauline gives you a *muacks*

 
At December 07, 2006 12:04 pm, Blogger chiakichan said...

Gosh this sounds exactly like my gal too! The more I try to "discipline" her the more stubborn she is! And she's like a drama queen, one moment she's a perfect little angel and the next she becomes totally difficult and impossible! 是我们前世欠她们的吧?!

 
At December 07, 2006 12:50 pm, Blogger LZmommy said...

Hmmm... seems like our kids are at the terrible 3 stage? Hope it will be over soon...

 
At December 07, 2006 2:21 pm, Blogger IMMomsDaughter said...

Wah, Qianyi is quite temperamental. My girl is in the Terrible Two stage but if she starts throwing things, she''ll definitely get whack...heh heh. I will just ignore her crying even if she tried to fake vomitting. Nvm, parenting got ups & downs one :)

 
At December 07, 2006 4:21 pm, Blogger Jean said...

Hi Kelly,
I understand how you feel esp on the feeding part and if she were to vomit, I will be very upset too. Disciplining is never easy and needs lotsa patience and consistency.

Qianyi, you must be a good girl for your mommy. She loves you much and do all her best for you. Must listen to mommy, k?

 
At December 07, 2006 6:46 pm, Blogger huisia said...

Ya, sometimes i also surrendered when seeing Jo crying, like what you said, just don't want to waste the effort to feed him. If not, he would vomit everything out if he has srious crying.

 
At December 07, 2006 10:06 pm, Blogger Harimau said...

Ah, looks like she is turning 3 soon. The thing is she was just trying to test the boundaries and see if she can get away with things. The main thing is, stay calm with their tantrums if you can and just be consistent in your discipline appraoch. Soon they will learn mommy no play play one, so better be good gal :)

 
At December 08, 2006 8:41 am, Blogger Shannon said...

wah, QianYi a bit hot tempered also hoh, but so adorable, call herself good girl.... hehehe
maybe she just dun like u cleaning after her? if ask her to clean it, will she????

 
At December 08, 2006 11:21 am, Anonymous Anonymous said...

ummm...i see.thanks for advice.

KN

 
At December 13, 2006 6:05 pm, Blogger Vyvy said...

Hi Kelly,

We met at the the blogging mummies gathering. First time visiting your blog. :) You are not alone, your girl's character sounded very much like my little boy. It's difficult to feed him and he is frustrated over something, he'll cry till he vomit....

 
At December 13, 2006 10:57 pm, Blogger 荦怡 said...

姐姐的情形也和我一样!老爱发脾气。。。丢东西!
常把妈咪给起炸!
只有奶可以收服我,喝完后也和姐姐一样赞自己Good girl,什么都忘了。

 
At December 17, 2006 3:05 pm, Anonymous jean said...

Hi Kelly, I miss seeing Qianyi. Hope all are well.

 
At December 21, 2006 5:52 pm, Anonymous Kevin said...

What is terrible two and Terrible three stages? I'm aconfused dad.

Guess my girl is still in sleeping stage. LOL

 
At March 07, 2007 1:48 am, Anonymous 紧固件 said...

启东汇龙设备厂专业生产,

无重力混合机

静态混合器

乳化泵

分散机

乳化机

紧固件

 
At March 07, 2007 2:32 am, Anonymous 紧固件 said...

启东汇龙设备厂专业生产,

无重力混合机

静态混合器

乳化泵

分散机

乳化机

紧固件

 

Post a Comment

<< Home