Lilypie Baby PicLilypie Baby Ticker

Wednesday, January 03, 2007

Where's Mummy?

When Qianyi woke up on the first day of year 2007, I wasn't there. Hubby was taking care of her. He brushed her teeth, changed her out of her pyjamas, made her a bottle of milk and brought her out for a walk. While they were at the playground, she suddenly asked, "Where's Mummy?"

I was feeling super stressed dealing with this little monster's tantrums...so Hubby suggested to let me take half day off on the New Year's Day. It's a badly needed break for me to recharge my patience battery.

I had breakfast with my good friend, DM. After breakfast, we went swimming together. We enjoyed the swim and our "girly chat" sooooooo much! We also said hello to an Indian lady who was swimming alone. It's a great way to celebrate the New Year and the weather's beautiful!

It's already 1pm when I reached home. Qianyi's so happy to see me. She followed me everywhere and wanted me to carry her. Hubby said she's a good girl when I wasn't around but she didn't look as happy when I wasn't there. :p

13 Comments:

At January 03, 2007 10:39 am, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hope u hv recharged..ya,sometime my wife also felt impatience with her little Enya,so i also take turn to take care of the baby girl.Hv a nice day..

 
At January 03, 2007 10:58 am, Blogger chiakichan said...

what a coincidence! i took a "half-day off" too! :-P
the little one is driving me crazy these days!

 
At January 03, 2007 11:34 am, Anonymous dm said...

Don't feel guilty to have "escaped" from taking care of your little monster ya,heehee...we go swimming again next time.

 
At January 03, 2007 12:00 pm, Blogger Shannon said...

oo... much awaited recharging eh? hope you had lotsa fun....
and I bet u recharging time also still miss her eh?

 
At January 03, 2007 12:21 pm, Anonymous yl said...

小别盛新婚。。。嗯。。。小别盛亲子关系。。。:P

对了,有是找你帮忙。。。email你了。。。有嗯。。。空请抽空回答。。。

 
At January 03, 2007 1:38 pm, Blogger huisia said...

Ya, sometimes mummy needs some personal time to recharge a bit, so envy you as i don't have this chance la..:<

 
At January 03, 2007 3:04 pm, Blogger LZmommy said...

Happy New Year :) So nice to be given half a day off ya.... Wonder when will be my turn? Gagaga...

 
At January 03, 2007 3:29 pm, Anonymous jean said...

Good to have a break sometime from the lil' one. At times, a quick exit and a grand entrance made you feel much better :)

Absences make the hearts grow fonder.. it always work!

 
At January 03, 2007 3:41 pm, Anonymous fannie said...

its good to recharge! I am sure u felt so much better after the short break! :)

 
At January 03, 2007 9:10 pm, Anonymous Kevin said...

Agree. We abandoned Talia once last week when she was 27 days old. Will try to do it more often.

 
At January 04, 2007 4:25 pm, Blogger Mama Bliss said...

Happy New Year!!!

Yeah you deserved the good break...every once in a while to regain your strength, energy and patience... ;) your hubby has been really sweet to grant you that half day off...

 
At January 04, 2007 7:47 pm, Blogger Wokking Mum said...

So nice of hubby. Hope you have recharged.
My battery died long ago. I'm running on my backup now. Hahaha!

 
At January 06, 2007 2:27 pm, Blogger IMMomsDaughter said...

That's a well deserved break and so good of your hubby to help out.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home